What encompasses the definition of pollution?
Anything that may adversely affect the sustainability of an environment.
An act by an entity that negatively affects the sustainability of any environment or species.
Carbon released into the atmosphere.
What is pollution risk?
Commercial definitions include:
- The accidental release of a pollutant into a built or natural environment.
- The failure to limit the controlled release of a pollutant into the environment as a fact.
- The deliberate release of a pollutant at risk of a fine or penalty.
Technical definitions include:
- The fortuitous release of a pollutant unto the environment, built or otherwise.
- The non-fortuitous (deliberate) release of a pollutant unto the environment, built or otherwise.
- Intentional or unintentional release.